My journey of becoming a Foodie!


 

My journey of becoming a Foodie!

Hey guys! After procrastinating and contemplating a little bit, here I am, finally writing my first blog about something I love doing and I'm passionate about. You must be thinking why I'm writing this blog? What is this blog about? Well, here we go…



My love for food comes from nowhere else but from my mother. As a kid, I threw tantrums while eating food. My parents would hold my hands and legs and then they would feed me (I was a troublesome kid back then). In present times my mom goes like 'didn't you eat, 10 minutes ago?'

'I have a fetish for food'. My family plays a huge role in this. For every small occasion, my mom used to cook some amazing meals, and every time she cooked something different. My cousins and I used to hog like Kumbhkaran. We all would go food hopping around the city exploring new places to eat. I would rather splurge my money on food than on shopping. And this is how my love story with food began. When I was in 5th grade my parents weren't home that day and I was bored. I went to the kitchen to find something to eat; eventually I decided to make something. There were some cold cuts in the fridge, I placed the frying pan on the stove and poured some oil and heated it. Added some cold cuts to the frying pan and I was patiently waiting (I used a stool so that I could reach the counter. Back then I was very short). My cold cuts were done. While removing it from the pan I accidentally spilled the hot oil and burnt myself badly. I poured cold water immediately onto my affected area and went to a clinic near my house (also I didn't have the money to pay to the doctor. But that doctor knew my parents and I told her what happened). I was scared to go near to the stove, almost made a promise that I will never cook anything. My parents didn't yell at me for the first time, they helped me to overcome my fear and made me fall in love with food.

I've learned the art of cooking and baking at a very young age. Standing near the kitchen door and watching my mom cook for us is something I love doing. I'm always keen to know more about food, spices, etc. All the spices, their color, the aroma, the beautiful yellow color of turmeric, every little detail of all the ingredients in the kitchen, always intrigued me. I have fascinated over all kinds of fancy kitchen tools since my childhood and I'm always in awe of how efficiently these tools work (well only some of them).

Food has taught me some of my value-able life lessons. Just like those little moments with our loved ones adds essence to our life that's what a pinch of salt does to food! I had my little moment when I made my very first perfect cup of tea for my dad. That smile on his face just made my day. It was then I realized how important it is to start a day with a perfect cup of tea or coffee. When someone compliments you for making a good cup of tea or coffee, I swear to god it is the top tier compliment, you will ever hear. There's no other food like Dal chawal which gives us the comfort of home, feeling of being loved. While giving tadka to dal we add Asafoetida (hing) which adds a whole new dimension to the dal, I feel the presence of asafoetida is not much appreciated. Similarly, we fail to appreciate all those people around us who add a whole new dimension to our life. As much as we hate Elaichi in our biryani, we have some people in our lives who are equivalent to elaichi. Let's not forget to thank them for teaching us some life lessons and elaichi for adding such great flavor to the Biryani.

My perspective towards food has always been different. Gordon Ramsay, Sanjeev Kapoor, Vikas Khanna, David Rocco, Shivesh, Kunal Kapoor, Michael Bonacini, Gemma Standford are some of my favorite people who have helped me broaden my perspective towards food. I've grown up watching Kitchen Nightmares, Khana Khazana, Carnival Eats, Master chef, and a lot of food vlogs. To be honest, watching food videos is like an ASMR to me. I have never followed a recipe the way it is. Experimenting with a recipe and ingredients is something I love to do. Sometimes it turns out to be heaven in mouth and sometimes it isn't edible enough. I never made Magi the way it should be made and I'm guessing we all have done that once in our lifetime!

Why do I have Fetish for Food?

Ever heard the sound of Rai dancing in the hot oil? The aroma of curry leaves, the freshness of mint and coriander, warmth from the cinnamon. The smell of freshly cut lemongrass is divine. That 'ting' sound of your oven when your cake is perfectly baked. The aroma of cookie connoisseur is in the entire kitchen. The first sip of my tea mends my soul and makes my spirits high. The last slice of pizza always hits different a.k.a soul food. Extra butter in pav bhaji, asking your pani puri bhaiya for extra puri. Imagine eating hot Jalebi with cold rabri, and how beautifully rabri just balances out the hot melting jalebi with numerous amounts of flavors bursting at the same time. If this isn't foodgasm then I don't know what is? The amount of tranquility food has is beyond measures. I will always seek comfort and happiness in food. Always!

What is this blog about?

I will be talking about food and sharing my recipes with you all. Reviewing cafes, fun food facts, new food trends. At the same time, I will be sharing my failed attempts at cooking or baking.

Until then have fun(gi) guys. Stay tuned. Thanks for reading. 😊












Comments

  1. Merry You Rock💫✨💥💥💥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your amazing..Can't wait to see what the future holds for you😭❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your amazing..Can't wait to see what the future holds for you😭❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even I can't to see what future beholds for me🙈❤

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Diwali Delicacies

MY GUILTEA- PLEASURE